Burning Tin

1st time doing tins

1st burn was for 5 hours

This is 2nd burn about 4 hours this time. J223, 51z , Jamaica Me Crazy

there is some soot from when I trimmed wick the first time and some hang up. Should I wick up or does this look ok?

all criticisms welcome :D

Aloha

post-42-139458376713_thumb.jpg

Val, I had a hang up in one corner until the 5th burn in my sq tin. Don't think you need to worry about hang ups. It'll catch up. I'm on the 6th burn now - about 37 hrs. Sure looks good to me. Can't tell about the sooting from the pic. Bet it smells great. I used the low smoke 21 zincs and so far no soot / smoking. The last burn will tell the story. That's where I usually have a sooting problem.

Like Sharyl said, I would burn it all the way down before you decide. I'm getting a bit fuller melt pool across the flats than yours appears to, but the corners still don't catch up till I'm about 1/2 way down the container.

I'm using a para/soy blend and diff. wicks, so that's probably the difference. Keep burning :D

It seems to me that as a candle burns down & the flame gets deeper into the container, that's when the hang ups seem to catch up. In this case, no criticism necessary. Burn looks good. :)

Love the square tin w/ the rounded corners. How wide (from edge to edge, not corner to corner) & how deep? Do you mind if I ask where I can get them?