Business class

I just signed up for a 14 week business class that is geared towards helping women succeed in starting up a business. I am so excited. Everyone was really excited about my candles and it felt really good being around women who had the same dreams that I have. By the end of the class I will have a business plan written along with some great networking connections.

I just signed up for a 14 week business class that is geared towards helping women succeed in starting up a business. I am so excited. Everyone was really excited about my candles and it felt really good being around women who had the same dreams that I have. By the end of the class I will have a business plan written along with some great networking connections.

Wow, thats awesome. Good luck with that! Stay focused!

Guest EMercier

They have that where I live. I'm currently in the midst of a business plan competition. They give grants away in three categories: retail, service, and restaurant. There are 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place. They also give extra grants and assistance if you would like to have a shop on a great strip of land in a good shopping district with lots of traffic. They had the business class as well. I just could not afford to go to it. Hope you have fun and pass on good info.

I loved my business classes I took recently the teacher was the best hands down. He asked the class what their goals were. It was amazing how he taught without ever opening the book but if you looked at it everything he said and then some was in there.

His name is Jerry Thomas he teaches at ACC but also teaches online. He has 5 business 124,125,128 226,227,228 if you take all 6 5 week classes you get a cert and if you take 100's you get cert as well. You will learn everything from examing yourself to how-to-develop interand intra personal skills.

But I degrese good luck and great learning.

Sean

They have that where I live. I'm currently in the midst of a business plan competition. They give grants away in three categories: retail, service, and restaurant. There are 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place. They also give extra grants and assistance if you would like to have a shop on a great strip of land in a good shopping district with lots of traffic. They had the business class as well. I just could not afford to go to it. Hope you have fun and pass on good info.

The class I'm taking sounds a little bit different but it is thru a non-profit organization. They base the fees you pay on a sliding scale. The class is normally $1900 but only 1% of the people in the class ever fall into the catergory to have to pay that much. My share is going to be $275.

I hope you have your pencils sharpened and nothing else to do for the next 15 weeks if you plan to have a great business plan in that time. I dont want to discourage you, but rather support you.

I have a BS degree in small business mgmnt. One of the classes was basically writing a business plan. Two of us worked together the entire time...but we each also had 14 credits in college and lives outside of school.

After the 15 weeks, the professor had 2 local bank officers come and critique our business plans. Out of the 15 plans written in the class, not one would have gotten a business loan.

My point is, dont expect your business plan to be perfect after that short of a time. Maybe see if a bank officer will look at it for you and help you correct what they think is "wrong".

If you would like to see a business plan that received a bank loan, Lychel from the Candle Cocoon has one that was once posted on a mesage board. Try emailing her and maybe she will send a copy to you.

Good luck and dont give up!!!!!

Pam

I hope you have your pencils sharpened and nothing else to do for the next 15 weeks if you plan to have a great business plan in that time. I dont want to discourage you, but rather support you.

I have a BS degree in small business mgmnt. One of the classes was basically writing a business plan. Two of us worked together the entire time...but we each also had 14 credits in college and lives outside of school.

After the 15 weeks, the professor had 2 local bank officers come and critique our business plans. Out of the 15 plans written in the class, not one would have gotten a business loan.

My point is, dont expect your business plan to be perfect after that short of a time. Maybe see if a bank officer will look at it for you and help you correct what they think is "wrong".

If you would like to see a business plan that received a bank loan, Lychel from the Candle Cocoon has one that was once posted on a mesage board. Try emailing her and maybe she will send a copy to you.

Good luck and dont give up!!!!!

Pam

Thanks for the info Pam. At the orientation we had to fill out some paperwork and was told to expect to spend 10 hours per week doing research/homework. They in fact had us map out a schedule for each day in the week to see if we could fit everything in. I want this so bad I can taste it. The support system and resoureces available to us is unbelievable. They really want people to succeed.