Hello Craftserver Friends!

Hello everyone! I used to frequent this site years ago (2008,2009ish) with a different username but after life took a couple sharp turns, I took a break from making candles. But  now I am back in the swing of things and back to playing with wax. I am a tester at heart. I just make candles to test. lol Of course, I love burning candles but the most fun for me is in the testing. I love the challenge.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hello. I am so glad this site is still here. It is the absolute best for getting info and learning about this craft. All the groups out there feel like the blind leading the blind. But this place is a treasure trove of info! Thank you!

I look forward to learning more and sharing what I know.  :) 

wax I play with right now: BW917* MP117 *igi4627 * Golden brands 464 *MP137 for votives & pillars

and currently looking for another coconut wax to test and play with... maybe Coconut Bright 11 or Coconut 83 or igi 6046... I am still on the fence deciding... and I need to find a good Hurricane wax...

• Like 1

Good for you to love testing!  To me that is the absolute worst thing about this craft.  I hate testing, especially when it isn't going well.  LOL!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 11:34 AM, aBipolarMUSE said:

All the groups out there feel like the blind leading the blind.

So funny, I've thought that exact same thing before!  Too many people out there not knowing what they're doing and then going out and trying to advise others!  There are so many experienced crafters here that something like that couldn't happen at any time, there would always be someone to step in to straighten things out.  Glad you're picking things back up, it's a wonderful craft that is always fun.  :)

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:34 AM, pcbrook said:

Good for you to love testing!  To me that is the absolute worst thing about this craft.  I hate testing, especially when it isn't going well.  LOL!

haha, I certainly agree with that... especially in the beginning! It is hands down the most frustrating part of candle-making but boy is it gratifying when you start to get it down.😁 

And it is wonderful to "meet" you!

• Like 2