Why are there no ECO 18 wicks?

AudraT

I wish ECO 18 wicks existed... but they don't and I'm wondering why? I'm currently testing Freedom Soy Wax in a 4" apothecary jar. Double wicking has not worked because the wicks are so small they snuff out.
The ECO 16 is almost perfect... almost. It burns so well when the wax is halfway down the jar, the glass is barely warm to the touch, but it tunnels very badly when the wax is at the top of the jar.
I tried a CD-24 and it burns wonderfully... if you trim the wick, but those CD wicks leave long stalks and mushrooms and the flame gets quite large when you don't maintain. I think I tried a CD-22 in the beginning of all this testing and I think those were to small.
I think an ECO 18 would be perfect as it would be hot enough to prevent tunneling at the top of the jar, self trim well enough for all those non-wick trimming customers, and wouldn't be to hot when the wick is halfway down the jar.
They have CD 24 and CD 26 wicks, so it's not like it would be unconscionable to make a larger ECO wick. So, why no ECO 18's?

Side note: I might try revisiting the CD 22 wick again. I am so close to finding the right wick for this jar. So close I can taste it.

• Like 1

Def. try the larger Premier sizes like 790 & 798. Yrs ago I worked with 464 and the Premier 798 in apothecaries. I never really got there but it was close. The waxes have changed a lot since then so it just might work. You can get bags of 12 Premier wicks for $1 from Aztec.

• Thanks 1