Smart mock-ups, how I love thee. Where have you been all my life?

TallTayl

One of the most tedious parts of web shops are the pictures. Taking photographs of every product in the various variations is endless.  I let my website suffer as I mentally checked out of taking and editing the hundreds of pictures needed.

we talked about apps like Canva (canva.com) before.  Canva is a huge time saver creating labels and for polishing up product photos.  the app lends a much more polished look to online stores.  Canva somewhat recently partnered with SmartMockups.com and took staged product photos to the next level. They have thousands of stock photos where you literally just pop in your basic label and like magic it creates the custom looking photo of your product.

Blank stock photo of an amber dropper bottle.

AF549C57-04E7-403A-8DA8-01454E460B25.png

presto chango here it is with a quick label designed in canva.

CFB4C4B4-311F-4E97-8EA6-4D5186BC1AF8.png

if your products and/or packaging are not yet in their stock photo collection, you can create your own using your own photos on the SmartMockups.com site with a subscription. The process isn’t too tedious to learn. 

For custom photos, I don’t want to pay their separate subscription, though. The monthly/annual fee is high enough to be kind of close to the photoshop product. I have access to photoshop already, and figured out how to do the same using smart objects.  It’s life changing having these tools!