OMH Soap

Tara

Does anyone here make this..Not with fo but with just oatmeal milk and honey? A friend of mine asked me about this and I told her I would look into it She said it's unscented and you can see and feel the oats from the oatmeal. . I only do m&p too scared and too busy to try any other soap making method. Would you just 3 different bases and mix them with oatmeal added? And would that be goats milk you think? I have no idea.....

I make a CP Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey soap.

I use goat's milk instead of water, oatmeal (which to get the benefits of the oatmeal it is best to get some of it to powder form), and I use organic honey powder. I purchase honey powder from the health food store. I like using honey powder over liquid honey so honey spots thru the soap are not an issue because I like to use a lot. It has a very sweet scent to it with no FO. The honey powder and oatmeal scent it naturally.

It is wonderful for the face and body. I cannot keep it is stock during the cold winter months.

HTH.

Jennifer

i too make a OMH soap, with goat's milk, liquid honey, and oatmeal, however, i do add the OMH FO to mine. i like how you make your's mountainmadness w/o the FO and with powdered honey. I am going to give it a whirl tonight. This might save me from having to order the OMH FO b/c i only use it for the soap.

I make CP OMH with ground oatmeal, liquid GM to replace the water and liquid honey, with some whole oats sprinkled on top. I've made it both with and w/o the FO. Both are nice with the "no FO" just being a little less intense. I've never used honey powder but I'm sure it would be easier, and I'd like to be able to use more. I just bought some powdered GM that I haven't used yet, although I'm looking forward to not having to worry about that burnt GM smell! Where do you get your powdered honey, Jennifer?

you think I could just mix the 3 different bases(Oatmeal, Honey & Goat's Milk) together? Anybody tried that... I am trying to stick with M&P soap since that's what I am familiar with. I don't want at this point to start doing Hot/cold process soaps yet

yeah, you can do whatever you want to do.

But you mentioned that your friend wants to see and feel the oats from the oatmeal, and in order to do that I would think you'd have to add actual oatmeal to it (then again i've never seen an oatmeal base!)

not Jennifer, but I have seen it in my local health food store, which is Whole Foods

Thanks, Rochell!

Tara, I would try mixing the bases together in small amounts first to decide which proportions I liked best, and to see how the ground oats would work out. You can always sprinkle whole oats on top too. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

PS. There is a co-op going on for the SFIC bases and all 3, GM, honey and oatmeal are listed :)

I buy my honey powder from www.soapcrafters.com

If you have a health food store in your area that has a large selection they may have it too.

HTH.

Jennifer

I check my only healthfood store around here and they didn't have any :( So I guess I will buy it online unless you are willing to part with some LOL hint hint :)