Hello from the Netherlands. How are you today?

Ava00

On 2/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, Ava00 said:

Hello everyone!
I am a girl who is obsessed with candles. I want to start my own candle-making business, but I need advice from someone with experience. Is candle making profitable?

Hello and welcome!

I believe it can be profitable but it's not something you can't just jump off in to thinking you'll make money right away. There's a lot of testing that goes into making a good and safe candle. I'm not a pro by any means but I've been playing around with candles and wax melts for 10 years now and I'm just now  feeling a little better about my candles. That doesn't mean it will take you that long at all though. I haven't done it consistently for 10 years but what I"m saying is it does take time and effort to make a good and safe candle.

There are many very experienced candle makers on here that will be more than happy to help you way better than I can.

I guess my advice to you would be to pick out one wax and one jar and start from there and learn all you can about the wax you choose. Maybe even buy a kit and start with that. Lone Star and other suppliers have kits that you can start with. I wish that's what I had done.  I"m sure there's more advice that will help get you on the right track but that's where I'd start. 

Are you wanting to use paraffin, soy or a blend? What vessel are you looking at?

Welcome.  Candlemaking, like any other endeavor, can be profitable or not!  Just depends on the person.  If you have an entrepreneurial bent, I'm sure you can be successful.  If you don't, you'll want to enlist the help of someone who does understand business. You'll want to do plenty of research, develop a business plan, raise seed money, and then test product.  The process is lengthy and not for the faint of heart.  But it can be very rewarding if you are wise and work hard, and have a tolerance for a certain degree of risk.

Edited by Crafty1_AJ