$70 designer Coach candle that smells like pickles?

I was at a Coach handbag store yesterday and they were selling this candle for $70. The candle was in a glass jar with a lid, it was a nice jar and lid, and it came in a very nice black cardboard box. I would say it was about 8 oz of wax and the label on the bottom said it was 100% soy. The scent was very interesting and had a very strong cold throw, but I couldn't really identify the fragrance and I wasn't certain if I liked it or not. The sales rep said someone she knows had bought two of them (so two 8 oz candles for $140) but she returned one. She returned it because she thought the candle smelled liked pickles, and she was right, it smelled exactly like very strong pickles. I tried to find the name of the candle or see if there was a description that said what fragrances were in the wax, but it didn't list anything.
I think when someone doesn't list the fragrances or give the candle a name to help identify what it is people are supposed to be smelling, people are left with no other recourse but to try to identify what the candle most closely resembles, and in this case, it was pickles. I have no idea what the hot throw was like on this very expensive candle. It was 100% soy, so...

Edited by AudraT

• 4 weeks later...