Wax melts with excessive fragrance content

Hello, 
I have made some melts with 10% Christmas scents, which unfortunately seem way too overpowering, so I don't want to offer them like that. Now I'm thinking about melting down the melts again to stretch them with some pure wax. I would imagine that is possible, but am unsure. Before I get into it, my question: would much fragrance be lost when melting down the melts? If so, is it necessary to add pure wax at all? Has anyone done this before? 
Best regards 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

You can definitely give it a try. I melt the unscented wax first, lower the heat, then add the scented melts stirring well as the scented melts dissolve.

Try smaller batches first to make the wax doesn’t get weird looking from the second melting (and lower temps.)

editing to add another thought. Some people like cut up melts and use as confetti or colored/scented chunks of wax in other melts. That worked too. There’s a tutorial on this site to make wax melt brittle that uses cut up wax bits.

• Like 1