IGI 6006 Wax

Noob82

2 hours ago, Noob82 said:

This 6 has sooted very little. I'm not selling them yet and don't intend to keep this FO as a regular. 

I think I may pour up a few more with cd6 to give to family to test. I'll then try to buy some cdn and maybe premier. Do the cdn match size to the CD?  Like if the 6 is right there would I use a cdn 6?  I'd test a 6 and 8 I assume?

On premier I'm not sure which size 700 I should use. 

Sizing depends on your wax I learned. CDN are CD wicks with an additional chemical soak before priming. 

In soy, cdn often are about half way between cd. 

in coconut type blends I find they can burn a bit hotter than cd. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 7:13 PM, TallTayl said:

Sizing depends on your wax I learned. CDN are CD wicks with an additional chemical soak before priming. 

In soy, cdn often are about half way between cd. 

in coconut type blends I find they can burn a bit hotter than cd. 

Got in touch with another company and they said HTP or premier. I will test cdn and premier next. If I don't like them I'll order htp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noob82 said:

Got in touch with another company and they said HTP or premier. I will test cdn and premier next. If I don't like them I'll order htp

Once upon a time, HTP and CD were compared and found nearly identical.  There’s a sizing comparison chart on this forum somewhere I could search for.  During the supply shortages of 2020-2021-2022 HTP had a change of yarn  supply that altered the burn of some sizes.  Not sure where that ended up with wicks being made now 🤷🏻‍♀️

given the choice between all of them, premier 700 series  have been the most versatile in my veg waxes. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2022 at 1:52 PM, TallTayl said:

Once upon a time, HTP and CD were compared and found nearly identical.  There’s a sizing comparison chart on this forum somewhere I could search for.  During the supply shortages of 2020-2021-2022 HTP had a change of yarn  supply that altered the burn of some sizes.  Not sure where that ended up with wicks being made now 🤷🏻‍♀️

given the choice between all of them, premier 700 series  have been the most versatile in my veg waxes. 

700 series has been working great. 8% fo 8 oz square mason 735 wick

• Like 1