Phooey!

Bev

I have a candle and wax supplier literally down the road from where I work (Missouri Candle and Wax). I could go there on my lunch hour to pick up everything I needed. I called today for their pricing:

EZSoy wax - $79.50 for a 50 lb. box.

It just amazes me that this place advertises itself as WHOLESALE. I can order my EZSoy from Bittercreek North and pay $24.62 LESS to have it shipped to my door.

I was thinking it sure would be great to be able to pick up all of my candle-making needs at a local warehouse. Oh, well, at least now I know I won't have to lug those big boxes in and out of my car!!

Im in NJ very close to Astorlite Honeywell. And they wont sell me wax because I am not one of these big suppliers that can buy 1,000 pallets at a time.

Jackel is also in NJ and were not allowed to pick up from them either.

And I did some research and found that alot of these suppliers buy their stuff from companies in NJ and yet they wont look at us little people.

It really amazes me how pricing can be sooooo different on the same product at different suppliers. Send them an email and let them know you can buy from another supplier and have it shipped for less than they are selling. I was buying my wax from a supplier 10 minutes from me. Unfortunately, they closed their business. Now, for the same wax, at another local supplier it's going to be more which is part of the reason I'm looking into changing waxes.

I would do like Sherie said. Correspond with them and tell them what you can get the exact same product for. Give them the chance to better the price you would pay for having it shipped. If they want new business, they may go for it. It certainly won't hurt anything.

PS: Are you sure it's actually EZSoy? My understanding is that that exact product is exclusive to BitterCreek. Not that that justifies $72/case, that's outrageous for any wax, just curious.

I would do like Sherie said. Correspond with them and tell them what you can get the exact same product for. Give them the chance to better the price you would pay for having it shipped. If they want new business, they may go for it. It certainly won't hurt anything.

PS: Are you sure it's actually EZSoy? My understanding is that that exact product is exclusive to BitterCreek. Not that that justifies $72/case, that's outrageous for any wax, just curious.

That is what I was thinking too, that EZSoy was exclusive to Bittercreek, at least it says so on their site. I am sure if someone else is selling it and at that price, they would be interested.

How big is this wholesale operation? If they are small or just starting out they may not be able to purchase in the huge amounts that some of the large wholesale suppliers can. The more you buy the cheaper the cost as we all know. If they are buying a few cases and just tacking on a couple of bucks they may not be able to match your price. One other thing-petroleum prices have jumped the costs for wax and Fo suppliers. Our supplier(a large one) probably just priced himself out of our business. Fo's went up 4.00 a bottle and wax 8.00 a case from just a few months ago.

Just a Thought:smiley2:

Glo

That's a thought Glo, but here are the prices off of their site. It is straight soy, so it is pretty cheap. Even with shipping, they are asking a pretty hefty price. Maybe a case of mistaken wax identity?

50 lb case - 37.00

4+ cases - 34.50

10+ cases - 33.00

Pallet/36 cs - 32.00

I have a candle and wax supplier literally down the road from where I work (Missouri Candle and Wax). I could go there on my lunch hour to pick up everything I needed. I called today for their pricing:

EZSoy wax - $79.50 for a 50 lb. box.

It just amazes me that this place advertises itself as WHOLESALE. I can order my EZSoy from Bittercreek North and pay $24.62 LESS to have it shipped to my door.

I was thinking it sure would be great to be able to pick up all of my candle-making needs at a local warehouse. Oh, well, at least now I know I won't have to lug those big boxes in and out of my car!!

Yep I have run into this with my local supliers also...kind of sucks, but I would rather have it delivered to my dorr and only have to move it from outside to the basement instead of spending time and gas to go pick it up myself...