Lonestar & A Jar

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking on CraftServer for quite some time but haven’t made an account til now. Glad to be here.

I have two quick fire questions:

1. What’s the general consensus these days on Lonestar’s Fragrance Oils? I haven’t had any luck thus far, but I’ve only used about half a dozen fragrances.

2. CandleScience has a “Small Apothecary Jar” that I cannot find anywhere else (reference:https://www.candlescience.com/containers/small-apothecary-jar/). Anyone know a different supplier/the manufacturer? I hate having a sole supplier that’s so far from me.

Thank you!

Hi and welcome! 
I tried lone star about a decade ago, along with other popular retailers.  The ones I tried were “ok”, but I had others that I greatly preferred and didn’t continue testing. They’re far from me, so shipping $  has always been a factor that weighed in on that decision.

for the jars, I wonder if Libbey makes those - or something similar. 
have you tried the jar store, fillmore container or general wax? 

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Hi and welcome! 
I tried lone star about a decade ago, along with other popular retailers.  The ones I tried were “ok”, but I had others that I greatly preferred and didn’t continue testing. They’re far from me, so shipping $  has always been a factor that weighed in on that decision.

for the jars, I wonder if Libbey makes those - or something similar. 
have you tried the jar store, fillmore container or general wax? 

Hi,

I’ve tried looking at various bottle/vessel stores, but I can’t seem to find an apothecary jar with those particular measurements. I thought it might be Libbey also, but so far I’ve turned up nothing.

In terms of Lonestar, I would agree that “okay” is about as far as I’ve gotten with them. An “okay” throw with an “okay” smell.

I like Lonestar quite a bit.  Hits and misses, as with any supplier, but they do have some of my favorites.  Pumpkin Seeds & Oud is in my top 10, but I also like these:

Autumn Pear
Black Cypress & Cassis
Blueberry Cobbler
Burberry Brit
Butternut Pumpkin
Cannabis & Exotic Hemp
Cashmere
Coconut Bourbon
Cornucopia
Dickens Christmas
Drunken Punkin
Grey Dawn
Icicles
Mahogany Woods
Pineapple Cilantro
Pumpkin Pickin
Sugared Cronut
Tuscan Herb
Vanilla Cardamom
Welcome Home
Winter Hideaway

I haven't tried it, but several people in this forum have said that their Patchouli is excellent.

......and I see they just introduced 5 new oils, their "Outlaw Collection."  Guess I'll be placing another order soon....  :)