Tunneling during burn testing.

Matty3198

Been having a lot of issues recently, recently have decided to move away from wooden wicks and use ECO and TCR wicks. But since then I have experienced a lot of tunneling.

Recently used some ECO 16 on a 85mm diameter container and it kept tunneling. The same happen using ECO 12 on a 74mm diameter container.

This was using no fragrance, and using Ecosoya CB Advance. Am I using the wrong wicks?

If its tunneling, then you need to go up a size BUT make sure you do a test burn minimum 2.5 hours before moving on to new wick with a wax. You may need to change wicks with your wax. Eco doesn't work with all waxes, and its very limited with sizes compared to CD, CDN etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My thoughts exactly Nightlight.  Eco are fine wicks but very limited in size.  For a 3.36" (85mm) base wick would be a CDN16 using GW464 (no scent or dye).  I haven't tested Ecosoya in so long that I don't remember what the wicking was like for that one.  I do remember is was close to the GW464 for base wick....