Candle stock "sweating"

7Angela7

I don't have much stock, but I've noticed that my containers are sweating after sitting there after a couple weeks. I never use more than 1 oz. pp of FO. Is this because it's summer? Does anybody else have this problem - and if so, what do you do to make it presentable again?

Thanks!

If the candles have a tendency to sweat, warmth or temperature fluctuations will certainly help get them going. It's not unusual for candle sweating to start some time after manufacture -- in fact it's a well-known problem.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be thinking so much about how to make them presentable but rather whether I designed them well enough that I feel comfortable selling them. This is just one of those design problems that bigger companies deal with and I personally feel that small producers should not be cutting those corners.

Nobody ever said it was easy to design a premium candle.

I don't have much stock, but I've noticed that my containers are sweating after sitting there after a couple weeks. I never use more than 1 oz. pp of FO. Is this because it's summer? Does anybody else have this problem - and if so, what do you do to make it presentable again?

Thanks!

One thing that might help is a dehumidifyer in the room where you store the candles.

I make my candles in my basement and though my house is less that a year old, I still installed a quality dehumidiffyer that draws away all moisture in the air of my basement and keeps it that much cooler.

I run it 24/7 during this summer when temps are very high here. I'll pull several quarts a week from the basement air.

My candles never sweat when stored down there but will if stored in the Greatroom for the summer.

I live next to a very large candle mfg. & visit their stock frequently. Though their store has AC- I noticed in some of the more heavier FO containers that they were sweating w/ little beads of FO on top. I wouldn't worry about it if the candles still burn safely. Just take one of each FO & burn it (hurts, I know, but better to be safe!) You can zap them with a heat gun, but if the temps are still up there, it will just come back.