My latest batch!

LilFirecracker

2 hours ago, RichardLOZ said:

Look great.  I love the tiny melts, but they are a PITA to pour :)

Impossible to pour! I once tried to see if I could pour and quickly use a scraper to spread it. Uh... Nope! Had a huge mess to clean up lol. I just use a dropper. I'm getting much better and faster with it the more I do it. 

I am getting way too old to be annoyed by trying to pour minis this small.  we do make mini melts, however they are just small versions of the fluted full size, and they are painful enough to pour, coming in at about 13 grams each.

I wonder if you could use techniques like chocolate or candy  makers. 

maybe play with temps to pour in one row, holding the mold at an angle so the runoff spills over the mold into the other holes. Then scrape? If it’s hot enough you will have a minute to scrape then heat gun to smooth.

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I wonder if you could use techniques like chocolate or candy  makers. 

maybe play with temps to pour in one row, holding the mold at an angle so the runoff spills over the mold into the other holes. Then scrape? If it’s hot enough you will have a minute to scrape then heat gun to smooth.

I tried pour and scrape. It was a huge mess and no matter how hot it started, it cooled too fast when it hit the mold (silicone) and even though I continued to scrape, it just made a lumpy mess and left a lot on the mold around the holes. In the time it would take to clean it all up I could've already dropped from the dropper and be done with it. I've found a way over time to be faster and more precise without having to think about it. I actually find it sorta therapeutic if that makes sense!

1 hour ago, LilFirecracker said:

I could've already dropped from the dropper and be done with it.

Have you thought about using once of those plastic squeezy sauce bottles that you could get from the dollar store? Not sure how well it would work, however it should be faster than the dropper and still give you some amount of control?

2 minutes ago, RichardLOZ said:

Have you thought about using once of those plastic squeezy sauce bottles that you could get from the dollar store? Not sure how well it would work, however it should be faster than the dropper and still give you some amount of control?

Actually I have thought about it, but I haven't been able to find one that could take the heat of the wax. Not to mention the wax would cool some before I finished. Right now I keep my glass measuring cup on a hot plate to keep it at a certain viscosity. Once it starts cooling down a little and becomes thicker, it just starts dropping weird and rounded.