Body Butter

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I got this recipe off BCN.

10 oz. Shea Butter

6 oz. Fixed Oils (you can use all one, or use 2 oz. each of 3 different oils)

2 tsp. Corn Starch (can add more if desired)

.5 oz. fragrance oil (3% should be plenty, but you can add up to 1 oz for 6.25%)

My question is do I weigh the shea and the fixed oils or am I weighing the Shea and using liquid measurments for the fixed oil?

Isn't dry-flo just corn starch?

DRY-FLO® AF (28-1805)

Corn Starch Modified Description spacer.gifDRY-FLO AF is a hydrophobically modified natural polymer, which imparts a smooth, velvety feel in a variety of topical personal care and cosmetic products such as powders and makeup. When used in lotions, creams and underarm products, DRY-FLO AF mitigates the unpleasant, heavy, oily feel of the oils, esters, and waxes often used in these formulations. In aqueous systems, DRY-FLO AF is superior in high temperature stability to the widely used DRY-FLO PC. Furthermore, DRY-FLO AF produces such properties using unique Aluminum-free technology.

Also available is an irradiated grade of DRY-FLO AF, known as DRY-FLO AF PURE and having the designation of 28-1855.

You can request a free sample here:

http://www.personalcarepolymers.com/Site/Sample.asp

Thanks e, I got the samples (Those are huge samples) a few months ago. Because I have the dry-flo I use it, but I don't really notice any difference between products I've made with dry-flo and the ones made with regular corn starch.

I think it's fate...I'm in the process of using this recipe and come acrosss this post :yay:. (can you tell I have a stupid question?)

What I'm wondering is whether I can use BC's bath and body colorants with this? I want to start with Pink Sugar and Lilac, but want them to have some sort of color.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Sara

I think it's fate...I'm in the process of using this recipe and come acrosss this post :yay:. (can you tell I have a stupid question?)

What I'm wondering is whether I can use BC's bath and body colorants with this? I want to start with Pink Sugar and Lilac, but want them to have some sort of color.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Sara

As long as it is bath & body safe you should be fine. Remember though, some FOs can discolor your lotions as well as soaps. I use aluminum bottles and don't color my lotions for that reason. One less ingredient, more label room, and it won't show through the aluminum.;)

Guest EMercier

I ordered a sample of the DRY-FLO® AF (28-1805). The lady just called to ask me more questions ans she will send it out to me. Thanks for sharing that link. I'm ging to try some body butter this weekend and see what I come up with.

Guest EMercier

I'm going to try the grapseed and the safflower. They are both at the local grocery store. I might try a little sweet almod if I have enough. Of course these will be three different tests.

I use SAO for mine, and although I don't have anything to compare it to, since I haven't tried any other oils as of yet, I LOVE the way mine feels.

Just remember, a little dab'll do ya!! ;) I mean it, I use MAYBE a dab about the size of the tip of my pinky finger for the inside of both of my hands and then the same amount for the outsides.

My body is just soaking it up right now with the cold weather chapping and all. ;)

Can't wait to hear how yours turns out, can/will ya post a pic. of the finished product???