Container wax for wax melts, does that work ?

Hello dear candle friends,

I need some advice and hope the Google translator translated my text reasonably readable. 

I have used/tried Golden Brands 494, Sasol Sasol 6243 and Kerax 4600 for my wax melts so far. I pour the wax into wax trays. 
With GB 494, I don't like the frosting that forms after a while. Sasol 6243 only tolerates up to 8% fragrance oil, which is too little for me, and Kerax 4600 creates unsightly dents on the top layer when curing if you only do one pour.  That's why I sometimes mixed the waxes with natural wax, but I'm not really satisfied with the effort either. 
I keep reading that some candle makers only use container wax for their melts. 
Since I am very happy with my Kerax 4105 container wax, I am wondering if I can use it for my melts as well. I would also appreciate a brief explanation of what the difference is between container wax and wax for melts.

I always heat the wax to 85 degrees, add fragrance at 80 degrees and pour at about 60 degrees, depending on the wax type. I do not use any dyes.

Stay all healthy!
Greetings from Berlin 
Simone

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

So much depends on how you package it.

As long as the customer can get it cleanly out of your packaging and into their melter most of the battle is won.

Then comes how they get it out of the melter when they’re done with it. Do your customers mind wiping it out? Or would they prefer a solid piece that pops out?

Thanks for your answer. 
As I understood your question, releasing from the mold can be a problem when using container wax for melts.

I tried that right away and poured the container wax (Kerax 4105) into a clamshell mold and into a silicone mold to test it out. Lo and behold, it looks smooth and shiny, has an unbelievably great scent throw, but: .... it takes a lot of effort and mess to get it out of the plastic mold! The wax pops out of the silicone mold more easily.
So using my favorite wax in pure form is not an option for clamshell molds. I assume the candle makers who use container wax for melts pour the wax ( without any other additives) only in silicone molds and not in clamshell molds. 

Best regards 
Simone 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 1

Most modern Container waxes are engineered  to stick to the container. Many candle makers dislike “wet spots”, so the answer was to make the wax less prone to shrinkage, and make it stick like glue to the glass.

you can modify the container waxes with a little pillar wax to make it more willing to shrink slightly, and hold together well in molded melts. 

so happy you were able to test and figure out your product 🤗