Magnetic Stirrers

I have considered these before, but wondering if anyone is using the laboratory kind of stirrers that have a little magnetic "pill" that spins around and creates a whirlpool. I see some on Amazon that are actually heated too. Is there a reason we couldn't use these to blend fragrance oil in liquified wax?

(and because I slept through high school science, does anyone know if you can use a metal pouring pitcher on these or must it be a glass boroscite container?)

https://www.amazon.com/Inch-Digital-Magnetic-Hotplate-Stirrer/dp/B07KJZRMWQ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1AP1TB31GE6RN&dchild=1&keywords=magnetic+heated+stirrer&qid=1631117816&sprefix=magnetic+heated+s%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-5

(btw I do have the similar concept machines from candle science. They were great for a while but only make one candle at a time. Some of mine have also stopped working at all)

https://www.candlescience.com/equipment/candle-maker-8-oz

EDIT TO ADD: just came across this, so apparently people do use them for candle making!

https://www.aussiecandlesupplies.com.au/products/magnetic-stirre

Edited by candlesinflorida

I have a small one for cosmetics, purchased to make nail polish. It does not move thicker materials around like I had hoped. I had several sizes of stirrer bars.

I have only used glass beakers with it. It’s not overly powerful.

The bigger ones like what a candle company sold a few years back have not really been promoted in a long while, so not sure they even worked for the tiny batches the company marketed it for.

honestly, a $35 (or so) presto pot and dollar store spatula were worth more to me over the years.  Quick, dependable and made thousands of candles.

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I have a small one for cosmetics, purchased to make nail polish. It does not move thicker materials around like I had hoped. I had several sizes of stirrer bars.

I have only used glass beakers with it. It’s not overly powerful.

The bigger ones like what a candle company sold a few years back have not really been promoted in a long while, so not sure they even worked for the tiny batches the company marketed it for.

honestly, a $35 (or so) presto pot and dollar store spatula were worth more to me over the years.  Quick, dependable and made thousands of candles.

I hear you, I am just looking for a way to eliminate the standing and stirring. If I had a machine do it, I could be working on the next round of wicking. But that makes sense if it won't move thick liquids too well. Although the chandler machine did work-maybe it was made in a different way.