Cpop

slow-burn

Could someone explain to me why one does this? How is it different then just letting it sit? I think it is that you are forcing the reaction sooner, but I am not sure, lol! Do the bars have to cure as long when going this way? Is it that much different in the finished product than Cp is? I appreciate the help everyone!

When I do CPOP it is because it is faster and cuts down on cure time.

I think it is that you are forcing the reaction sooner, but I am not sure, lol!

Pretty much. You're forcing gel to happen and happen quicker. You can cut the next day.

Do the bars have to cure as long when going this way?

I have found they are ready quicker. Min. 2 weeks.

Is it that much different in the finished product than Cp is?

It *is* CP so the product isn't that different. I've done CP and CPOP out of the same batch and the difference was not noticable to me.

I've been doing this all the time now. Don't have to worry about wrapping it, keeping it warm, wondering if it's going to gel. I have a kelsei mold and just pop it in a 160-170 oven for an hour unwrapped and let it do its thing. Turn off the oven after that, and it sits there all night. The mold holds up fine. For me this method has been real consistant and I'm happy with the results.

I always tape a note to my oven dial to be sure not to turn the oven on while the soap is still in there after the oven gets shut off.

I may have to try it to see what happens. The recipe that I made seems to me (totally unexperienced) to have fairly hard bars after just a few days. I will try this. I have a double oven, so I will just dedicate one to soap! Do you think a convection oven will hurt? I can still put it on bake, but wondering if the forced air part would be more equal in the drying process :/

I do cpop sometimes in the winter when it is harder to get my soaps to gel. But here is a warning: if you are really picky, like I am, you'll notice little bubbles on the top of your soap that you don't get otherwise. If you are using a loaf mold, it won't be that noticeable. But if you are using a slab mold, it's pretty ugly. JMHO.