Plan early, then plan earlier! Supply chain issues on so many things

TallTayl

Decided this year to produce the tedious things in Feb, a slow month on the little farm and in the candle shop. Good thing too! Simple things, like tissue paper and paper raffia are in short supply 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️. Simple packaging items like this are more than a month out. 

so glad to have these shortages covered now, rather than redesigning packaging at the last minute during the rush seasons!

i’ve been following wick shortages closely too. Last winter square braid, of all things, was poof gone.  Right now I’m forced into reformulating for bigger projects to use what seems somewhat available.  That task is getting harder and harder by the day too.  Every popular bulk wick has a min 6 week wait time from the manufacturer.

this is not good for people like me with hoarding tendencies 🤣.  My Just In Time inventory process is taking a beating.

plan ahead my candleistas. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, coconut said:

Very good advice. I research and order parts and equipment for appliances and hvac for a living and everything is in short supply or backordered. The time to buy it is when you see it!

Supply chain shortages awakened the hoarder in me I so carefully tried to leave sleeping. Am eyeing the tin foil like my grandmother who survived the Great Depression. 🤭

Me too! It has gotten so bad that every time I go to buy something, I have to search and search and if I find it, I buy multiples of whatever it is. I heard it was like that in the former USSR. If you saw a line you got in it, even if you had no idea what food or necessity it was. And hoped they didn't run out of whatever it was. There was an old joke over there about what was better, Capitalist Hell or Communist Hell. Well it is Communist Hell because sometimes they run out of boiling oil, sometimes they run out of fire....but Capitalist Hell always has everything to make life miserable! I guess we are there now too.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Supply chain issues have kicked my butt this year.  IF I can source my glassware, I'm paying nearly double what I paid pre-Covid.  Wicks in the type and size I most need?  Good luck.  And of all the lousy luck, I had a horrible time with timely sourcing of packing materials RIGHT AT THE PEAK of my busy season - Black Friday to Christmas.  I was so desperate, local friends were giving me their empty Amazon boxes to ship my candles in.  Ayup.  2020 can kiss my cute little fanny.

Edited by Crafty1_AJ
  • Haha 2