Wicking 4627

I am testing 4627, but have a few questions. I love J50, but only used zinc wicks with it. I read somewhere that a hotter burning wick might make the 4627 give off a better scent throw, but I have no experience with other wicks. I have the CD and LX sampler packs, as well as almost every size zinc wick. I also use the square mason jars. Any recommendations as to which wick might be best?

So far, I have tested the 60z with Harvest FO, but am not getting a kick butt throw like I do with J50 (and this is the same wick I would use with J50). I am also testing the CD8 with a different FO and have a very weak throw so far. I really just don't know where to go from here. Should I use more FO (I am currently using 1 oz pp) or should I try a different wick size? Any advice for this wax would be great. Thanks. :)

I use the zinc wicks with 4627 with great results. Scent throw is awsome. I don't use the square masons though so I have no idea how to wick that jar. I use the 51Z in the regular jelly jar and it burns very well - if that helps any. Good luck in your testing. :) Judy

I used 1oz pp and cured for two days. Should I cure it longer? I usually cure J50 for about 5 days. I like that I am able to load this one with FO, but I want to be able to use 1 oz in most cases. Otherwise, I could go back to J50 and get a great throw at 1 oz and just deal with the wetspots. I don't have any wetspots with this wax yet either. Also, I heated the wax to about 190 and added color and FO at 185 - poured at 180. Does this seem right?

I used 1oz pp and cured for two days. Should I cure it longer? I usually cure J50 for about 5 days. I like that I am able to load this one with FO, but I want to be able to use 1 oz in most cases. Otherwise, I could go back to J50 and get a great throw at 1 oz and just deal with the wetspots. I don't have any wetspots with this wax yet either. Also, I heated the wax to about 190 and added color and FO at 185 - poured at 180. Does this seem right?

Yes, that's right. Comfort Blend has to be poured hotter than other container waxes. I also had to use hotter wicks in this wax versus the wicks I use in J50.

Personally, I loved the 4627 but it really can become a pain so right now I'm using the J50 with 1/8th teaspoon vybar pp and 2-3 tablespoons of crisco per 4 lb batch and get an awesome scent throw. I like that the J50 is easier to wick, isn't picky with which scents it'll throw and doesn't get sink holes. But then, next month I may be using another wax :)

I still have 20 lbs of Comfort Blend and I'm sure I'll be using it soon....I just don't feel like breaking an arm scooping the stuff out of the bag!

DanaE