Soy wax candles no hot throw

Hello,

I have been trying to make soy wax candles for some time now and just can’t seem to get it right. I am using Naturewax C3 soy container wax and a selection of good reviewed fragrance oils from craftovator with a flash point of >100 degrees. I’m using 7% scent and getting no hot throw at all. They all have a very strong cold throw but no hot. I am also getting a poor melt pool so I double wicked even though it’s a small 20CL glass and I still can’t smell a thing. I am at a loss at what else to try, please help.

7E9CD3EF-5E53-496B-98B8-E274EC45598D.jpeg

I used C3 for many years.  Cd wicks usually did a nice job.  CDN were a close second needed in some fragrances.

c3 needs a fair cure time to perform optimally. It gets very, very  hard and can be hard to burn. Any jar 3” or less should do fine single wicked.  If the jar is narrow. Two wicks can become problematic later in the burn.

generally, i wick to not hit a full melt pool on the early burn.  Full diameter and 1/4” depth are a limit, not a goal, since the top of the jar burns very differently than the bottom half.  

to encourage earlier hot throw, you could leave more head space when filling the jar, or use jars with a slight shoulder and neck to encourage swirling air current.