Cotton core wick for replacement

Daria

I want to replace wicks in store bought natural soy candles in tins. The wax has melted down but still can be salvaged. I believe the wicks used are cotton core. I'd appreciate any info regarding the wick size and type and the glue dots to use as well as where to purchase these items. 

Thank you!

Note: Every tin will end up burning different with various mixes of soy and fragrance. It will be a wild guess as to sizing and series since soy wax blends from different candle makers can be so incredibly different. Some "soy" candles contain paraffin, palm and or other waxes.

I would start with CD wicks. You can pick up sample packs from CandleScience and a few other suppliers. For an 8 oz ti (6 oz wax, 3" wide) I would start each tin with a CD10 or CD12 and go up or down from there. 

I would use wick stickers versus glue dots for safety. You can get those at most candle suppliers. I use Northwood Supply and have had super luck with them.

5 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Note: Every tin will end up burning different with various mixes of soy and fragrance. It will be a wild guess as to sizing and series since soy wax blends from different candle makers can be so incredibly different. Some "soy" candles contain paraffin, palm and or other waxes.

I would start with CD wicks. You can pick up sample packs from CandleScience and a few other suppliers. For an 8 oz ti (6 oz wax, 3" wide) I would start each tin with a CD10 or CD12 and go up or down from there. 

I would use wick stickers versus glue dots for safety. You can get those at most candle suppliers. I use Northwood Supply and have had super luck with them.

Thank you.

I ordered these. Hopefully they'll be ok.

Materials

cotton, wax

Dimensions

Length: 4 Inches

Description

You will receive 25 of these 4" Waxed Cotton Core pre-tabbed Candle Wicks. These High-quality wicks are designed to be used with soy, gel or paraffin wax.

Wick diameter: 2mm
Sustain diameter: 14mm

10 minutes ago, Daria said:

Thank you.

I ordered these. Hopefully they'll be ok.

Materials

cotton, wax

Dimensions

Length: 4 Inches

Description

You will receive 25 of these 4" Waxed Cotton Core pre-tabbed Candle Wicks. These High-quality wicks are designed to be used with soy, gel or paraffin wax.

Wick diameter: 2mm
Sustain diameter: 14mm

I have no idea what brand/size those are. Sizes and performance vary an awful lot between brands. Cd, for instance, has more than a dozen sizes that all burn differently from one wax and FO to another.

I hope they work for you. fingers crossed you guessed well.

11 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I have no idea what brand/size those are. Sizes and performance vary an awful lot between brands. Cd, for instance, has more than a dozen sizes that all burn differently from one wax and FO to another.

I hope they work for you. fingers crossed you guessed well.

Thanks again. Hope they work. I ordered these prior to asking on Craftserver. I'll research the web for the wick and sticker info you recommended.