Wick help

I am using c-3 wax which is a 100% soy wax and CD18 wicks in a 16oz square mason jar. I do 1oz fragrance oil per pound. I am getting soot around the rim of my jar. Jars also aren’t burning completely clean. What wicks are you finding works best in these for soot? 

D6F69719-A9DE-4206-BEEF-1093B32A1F20.jpeg

Edited by Leanna Koharchik

@GoldieMNI think the main issue I’m having is the soot. Although it isn’t much, it’s not supposed to be there. I have tried 12s, 14s, 18s, 20s and 22s in the cd series. The 18s aren’t completely leaving the jar clean. And i still got soot with the 14s. I am stumped. I might just switch over and try an eco or a premier wick like you suggested. 😊

12 minutes ago, Leanna Koharchik said:

@GoldieMNI think the main issue I’m having is the soot. Although it isn’t much, it’s not supposed to be there. I have tried 12s, 14s, 18s, 20s and 22s in the cd series. The 18s aren’t completely leaving the jar clean. And i still got soot with the 14s. I am stumped. I might just switch over and try an eco or a premier wick like you suggested. 😊

Do try a cd16.  There’s a big jump between sizes it seems. 

and if you can get a sample pack of CDN and CSN Those burn slightly different also.  CDN is a cd with a different wick treatment that handles the corrosive Elements of wax and fragrance better than cd. CSN burn slightly different than the cd/CDN series.  Some people have been happy with cotton core.

i found C3 to burn “dirty” even without fragrance, especially toward the bottom of a container. Didn’t mater with wide tins, but as soon as I got it into a jar with even the tiniest of reduction around the neck everything was catching soot.  I traded prettier tops for cleaner burns with c1 several years ago :) CSN and CD burned cleaner in c1 for me. C1 can be smooth as glass, you just need to learn the wax.

• Thanks 1