Aroma beads not soaking up FO

Rachel

Did they finally soak up the FO?  How wet are they?  Do they stick to the sides of your container?  Can you still see liquid?  I have baked some when they were still a bit wet.  They turned out ok.  I did not notice any difference in the finished product, but it was really hard to spoon the beads into the cookie cutters. And it tends to smoke more when you bake them.  Much easier process when all the fo is absorbed.  I have had to wait weeks for some fo's to absorb.

Edited by franu61

On 8/23/2020 at 6:20 PM, Rachel said:

So I’ve had my aroma beads soaking for 3 days already and they are still not full dry! I think I put too much FO 😬. What would happen if I go ahead and put them in the oven?

I've baked beads before that were wet and it didn't hurt them at all. If they don't soak up after a few days then add a few more beads and let them soak some more. A good ratio is 8 ounces of beads to 2 ounces of oil. Some oils like leather take a long time to soak up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 8:02 PM, Belinda said:

I've baked beads before that were wet and it didn't hurt them at all. If they don't soak up after a few days then add a few more beads and let them soak some more. A good ratio is 8 ounces of beads to 2 ounces of oil. Some oils like leather take a long time to soak up.

Belinda: we are (so far!) the most alike in our interests, liks, etc. So I'm counting on you to tell me all about these Aroma Beads Inquiring minds..... I've hear about using very course salt, gel-beds (pardon my lack of proper terminology: As you know I'm fairly new hear and this is my first time back on CraftServers since April. I've been so sick (I have a myriad of autoimmune diseases, Lupus being the one that took me down since before COVID really even hit! I missed all the lines outside the stores, the directional floor decals showing which way to walk in each aisle, etc. Tonight it for first night since the last week in March that I feel well enough to com online. I feel like I missed so much.

OH! I have more pictures regarding the BHG (Better Homes & Gardens) candles vs. wax melts..and more surprises about the wax melts we get at Walmart. !!! ❤️

On 9/15/2020 at 11:25 PM, wild4waxmelts said:

Belinda: we are (so far!) the most alike in our interests, liks, etc. So I'm counting on you to tell me all about these Aroma Beads Inquiring minds..... I've hear about using very course salt, gel-beds (pardon my lack of proper terminology: As you know I'm fairly new hear and this is my first time back on CraftServers since April. I've been so sick (I have a myriad of autoimmune diseases, Lupus being the one that took me down since before COVID really even hit! I missed all the lines outside the stores, the directional floor decals showing which way to walk in each aisle, etc. Tonight it for first night since the last week in March that I feel well enough to com online. I feel like I missed so much.

OH! I have more pictures regarding the BHG (Better Homes & Gardens) candles vs. wax melts..and more surprises about the wax melts we get at Walmart. !!! ❤️

Aroma beads are a lot of fun to mess with! I get mine from a company called Plastic Pellets 4 Fun. I also use beads from Lone Star occasionally. I like them from both places. PP4F offers free shipping so that makes it nice. 

You soak 8 ounces of beads to 2 ounces of oil until they're dry. Some people use glass jars but I don't care for them much. I get plastic containers from the dollar store and as long as there's a 5 on the bottom they're supposed to be safe for scented things. 

I mix my beads and let them dry and then bake them in a cookie cutter the shape and color I want. I fill my cutters almost to the top and bake for 8 minutes at 350. You can google car fresheners and get all kinds of ideas. Some people use paint and glitter on theirs and bows and feathers and all sorts of stuff.

I hate that you've been so sick. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you continue to do well. I've always heard an anti fungal diet like the one Doug Kaufman on Know the Cause is really good for autoimmune disease. I've known people who have gotten their health back from eating that way and taking natural anti fungals like olive leaf extract so maybe it could help you too! 

I'll be glad to help you get started with aroma beads! I would order a small bag to start with and get some metal cookie cutters and you also need a roofing nail for the hole or you can drill one after you bake but I use a nail. 

What have you found from Walmart? I always love to know of good smells! Do you make wax melts?