Adding dried flowers etc.

Tea

Ok. The balloon candle thread really interested me today, and needless to say I just had to try it.

Everything went just great until I came to add the dried flowers. How do you get them to say on? The leaves I just dipped in the wax, and placed where I wanted them, but the flowers were too delicate to do that with.

So, what the trick to get them on without ruining them.

The kids just can't believe Mum made it. :cool2:

Any help much appreciated.

Tracey

The flowers, etc aren't dipped in wax. You melt some tacky wax and apply it to the black with a paint brush. Smoothing them down carefully and removing air bubbles with a warm/hot butter knife. When you're done decorating it, then the whole thing is overdipped in wax.

Tacky wax is a product of itself, but as I'm sure Donita will tell you, it has other names. Micro + number, which I can't remember....LOL. I'd have to go look in the garage, but she knows it by heart. If you google Tacky Wax, you'll see it. They even have it at Hobby Lobby in little tins.

tacky tacky tacky wax. NOW I know the rest of the story. Nobody told me about tacky wax, I've been secretly trying this with silk flowers (don't have any dried) and I've just been tryin and scrappin till I gave up. NOW, I'm gonna get me some tacky wax and start all over again. But not till I get these damn hurricanes down to my liking.

I told you about the tacky wax before! LOL

tacky tacky tacky wax. NOW I know the rest of the story. Nobody told me about tacky wax, I've been secretly trying this with silk flowers (don't have any dried) and I've just been tryin and scrappin till I gave up. NOW, I'm gonna get me some tacky wax and start all over again. But not till I get these damn hurricanes down to my liking.