Hurricane Shells

Audra

Hi all. I am new to the candle making and just have a couple questions so far. I am making the hurricane shells. I am curious as to why the flowers have to be dried. Can fresh flowers be used? And what about fruit? Does it also have to be dried or can it be fresh? I tried to search google but get no help with these questions. I would appreciate any insight yall can give me. Thanks!

Well the color of flowers change when they are dried thats part of why I asked. I dont know about fruit. I just see some that look like they are using fresh fruit and wanted to ask. I was kinda wondering if the wax seals it up. 

On 2/17/2020 at 10:49 PM, Audra said:

Well the color of flowers change when they are dried thats part of why I asked. I dont know about fruit. I just see some that look like they are using fresh fruit and wanted to ask. I was kinda wondering if the wax seals it up. 

Hi @Audra and welcome to Craft Server. Just wanted to mention that the items that look like "fresh" fruit or flowers in some hurricane candles could be realistic looking wax embeds.