Looking at Black Friday Ads for printers and need advice

Tony

Happy Thanksgiving!

I use heavy duty business type printer, Samsung CLX-6260FD, due to amount of labels I need to print, but I find that print quality of $150 printer up to $4,000 printer is very similar.  Print quality will be more depends on the quality of label paper than the printer that you are using.  Best printer in most economical price range would be Brother printers.  If you go up one more level, then look into Canon printers.  You will need to pay more attention to cost of replacement cartridges, because it is very costly.  The other thing not so good about color laser printer is that the thick label paper gets jammed so many times.  I also use heavy duty inkjet by Epson WorkForce WF-7110, and I don't have paper jam problem with this one.

If you laminate your label, than quality of both of laser & inkjet labels will be similar.  So, you might want to consider inkjet also.  But for inkjet printer, you will need to look for in range at least above $200 for the professional quality print.  And, something like Epson ECO Tank series will save you a lot of money on ink cost, even though it is little bit more costly.  The other way to save tons of money on inkjet cartridge is to connect after market ink tank kit, but it is not going to be easy to connect this system to printer.  It can be done, just not so easy.

Happy Black Friday shopping!

Wow!  That sounds like a real bargain on excellent quality printer.  I would go for that one without question for that price.  I also use Canon black & white imageCLASS D420 for other printing, and it hasn't gave me any problem for long time.

*In order to reduce label paper jam problem in laser jet printers, try to fill the paper tray to 50% to 80% of its capacity.  With regular paper, you can fill the tray in any level.

• Like 1

You ended up getting the heavy duty work horse!  So, are you ready to print $$$?  I don't know why but every time I am doing my labels, I feel like I am printing money.😉

Good luck to you and have a wonderful upcoming holiday!