prop 65

I'm still new to candle making and searching out the fragrances that I think I would like. I've had good luck and bad luck with that. I've been trying fragrances that are phthalate free. I noticed that Northwoods has a whole disclaimer on each of their fragrances saying that the fragrance in question is not on California's Prop 65 list of toxic chemicals. I don't notice other sites being so forth coming with that information. I think I've seen a few om candle science that they were updated to meet the requirements, but over all it doesn't seem to be a standard part of fragrance oil listings regardless of if it is or isn't prop 65 safe. So, my question is, is it important to find fragrances that comply or is it something that you don't worry about? The same question can be asked of wax.

My two favorite supplier are the flaming candle and candlewick, and they don't seem to mention prop 65 anywhere. Candlewic has very little information on what's in their fragrances.

I think the regulation is just on products we ingest right now.  I get the warning even when I buy supplements online here in CA.  It's crazy what is on that list, I buy from iherb a whole lot and almost everything comes up with that warning. and it's only CA as far as I know so not sure other states are doing this.  Northwoods may be ahead of the game, idk unless everything is regulated now.

Edited by kandlekrazy