I have quite a few 1oz bottles and a couple lb bottles from Indigo and Just Scent that I will never use. I tried looking on Facebook for candle and/or fragrance oil destash groups but not sure which ones are good or reliable. Just wondering if anyone has used any FB groups to destash their FO and which ones are legit. Also, if there are any other good methods for destash. TIA

You realize we have a classified ads section here, right?  You can post anything you want to get rid of and somebody here can probably make use of it.  You can sell, give it away, ask for just the shipping costs, whatever you want to do with it and see if someone is interested.

16 hours ago, Darbla said:

You realize we have a classified ads section here, right?  You can post anything you want to get rid of and somebody here can probably make use of it.  You can sell, give it away, ask for just the shipping costs, whatever you want to do with it and see if someone is interested.

No, I had no idea, lmao. I will post it. Thanks!

I have countless bottles of sample FOs that I don't really like but will keep them on hand for when the urge strikes to do some blending...whether for pillars, containers, lotions, scrubs, rebatched soaps, etc , etc.

If I am experimenting or making something for personal use (candles, lotions, soaps, etc) I tend to use FOs that I have on hand,,,,if by chance I have an FO that has been sitting back on the shelf because I didn't really like it, I may blend a little of it with my chosen scent ...heck,  I paid good money for these scents and I will use them up whenever possible.

The most often thing I do with unwanted scents is to make Fart Sprays for use in the bathroom,  no MATTER what the scent is, it is better than the smell that comes out of the'bathroom behind my men!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Pam W
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Ooh, I should look into this. I have several samples bottles that I'm not using. It seems like such a waste for them to just sit around in my "lab" when someone else could use them. 

That's what I figured too. I don't have much room as it is so I definitely don't have enough room for stuff I'll never use.

56 minutes ago, Pam W said:

I have countless bottles of sample FOs that I don't really like but will keep them on hand for when the urge strikes to do some blending...whether for pillars, containers, lotions, scrubs, rebatched soaps, etc , etc.

If I am experimenting or making something for personal use (candles, lotions, soaps, etc) I tend to use FOs that I have on hand,,,,if by chance I have an FO that has been sitting back on the shelf because I didn't really like it, I may blend a little of it with my chosen scent ...heck,  I paid good money for these scents and I will use them up whenever possible.

The most often thing I do with unwanted scents is to make Fart Sprays for use in the bathroom,  no MATTER what the scent is, it is better than the smell that comes out of the'bathroom behind my men!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about using them as like the poopouri or fart spray as you so lovingly put it, lol. But if I can sell them and get some money back to buy FOs I know I'll use then I will at least try. If no takers than I will definitely use them somehow.

Edited by Lantern
Remove spaces

16 hours ago, Lantern said:

I thought about using them as like the poopouri or fart spray as you so lovingly put it, lol. But if I can sell them and get some money back to buy FOs I know I'll use then I will at least try. If no takers than I will definitely use them somehow.

I thought about the "fart spray" (lol) thing too, as well as vehicle spray or making incense sticks. But, like you, I feel like if I could get even a dollar or two a piece for them, then it wasn't a total loss and hit on my bank account. Also, it allows for others to sample at a much lower cost. Win/Win. Unfortunately, since I am a new member, I can't yet post in the Classifieds category. I have 30-something oils not in use lol. Sampling is an addiction haha!