I know what you wicked last summer

Like everyone, getting the proper wick for a particular scent and container has been a challenge and I've been doing a lot of testing.  I've found some wicks that seem to work in the containers I am using but am doing a lot of second guessing myself because my testing has shown wick requirements much larger than what I would expect from the info I've read on the forum.  I thought it might be useful to post up some of the containers I am using, along with what wick series and sizes I seem to be having the best luck with, to compare to what any of you that may be using the same containers and wax are using.

8 oz standard Ball canning (jelly) jars:  Have only tested one scent on these and it's still in progress.  CD8 was way too hot by the time it got to the bottom.  WI-745 or LX16 seem to be working ok.

8 oz elite jar from FC:  Generally speaking I've found that a CD8 or CD10 works well with most scents

8 oz tin from CS:  This has been a challenge and one that really has me second guessing myself.  Zinc 60 has been too small.  CD's have required a 14-16 to get clean sides by the end of the burn.  LX's seem to be in the 22-24 range.  HTP's have ran 105+.  

12 oz elite jar from FC:  Zinc 60 has worked with some scents.  Others have been up in the CD16-18 range

12 oz Libbey straight side tumbler from CS:  Minimal testing but CD 16-18ish

Have any of you wicked any of these containers with 6006 wax recently?  What type of wick requirements did you see?  Are they anywhere in the ballpark with what I'm seeing?

19 minutes ago, xxxAlpha71xxx said:

I didn't realize they made a Z larger than a 60.  Where are you getting those from?

I'm still using on a huge supply that I bought from Tennessee Candle Supply before they closed, but you can also get them from RE or Candles & Supplies.