LX or HTPs for 4630?

On 7/18/2019 at 10:09 PM, angelcandles said:

Do you have a preference? Does one work better for “foodie” scents than the other? 

I'm not using any foodie FOs right now, but I have had success with LX wicks with 4630. The trouble with HTPs is that they lean over and your MP is one sided. Someone recommended twisting HTP and I tried that last week but haven't burned the candle yet.

• Like 1

I've tried the twist and it did work for me, but you have to be careful not to twist too hard or the wick will come out of the tab.

The closest foodie scent I had tested in 4630 was Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow and HTP was burning just fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ErronB said:

I've tried the twist and it did work for me, but you have to be careful not to twist too hard or the wick will come out of the tab.

The closest foodie scent I had tested in 4630 was Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow and HTP was burning just fine.

I held the wick just above the tab and twisted the top so that it wouldn't pull out of the tab. I'll burn my first one today, I hope this works because really like the HTP. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 6:47 AM, Forrest said:

I'm not using any foodie FOs right now, but I have had success with LX wicks with 4630. The trouble with HTPs is that they lean over and your MP is one sided. Someone recommended twisting HTP and I tried that last week but haven't burned the candle yet.

Have heard about the leaning with HTPs and my tests with them all sooted, so HTPs are out for me. LX wicks sooted also. I've ordered a sample pack of CDs, we'll see how these go.