What type coloring could I use for mp to get a brown.

Tammie

Oh geez...I am trying to remember my color wheel chart. I know equal amounts of 2 colors will give you black...but not sure on brown. I know everytime I try to mix Purple from red and blue I get brown...so try that...lol

I use copper B&B dye from BCN.......or Brown B&B dye from candlesandsupplies.

My brown shaving soap (although it is CP) is brown because of the FO that I use. A lot of them will turn the soap brown like vanilla, coffee, cinnamon, buttered rum, etc.

Cocoa powder is a good suggestion. I am not sure if there is a suspension issue with cocoa powder in MP soap.

HTH.

Jennifer

i used Hershey's cocoa powder for some chocolate macaroon soap I did the other day. I think I used about 2tbsp for 2 lbs of soap. I just poured it in actually but it looked about that much. I thought it would be too much but it turned out really nice brown. I had some of the natural colored soap to swirl white into the brown. I think you'll like it.

Using the liquid b&b colors, if I'm not mistaken, red and green combined make brown. Maybe just pour out a couple of tablespoons of soap, add a drop of each and see what comes up. As many truly hideous colors as I have come up with in my time, I should know for sure what makes what :rolleyes: