Alright, I did it

10 minutes ago, Laura C said:

Hi @Karen M, these are the ones I have used and I like them. Don't know if these are the same ones that Ravens has.

https://www.northwoodcandlesupply.com/collections/candle-wicks/products/ribbon-wick-sample-pack

LauraC, that is where I ordered them from. How was your experience with them?

Karen M, I think California candles also carry them, not sure though.

1 minute ago, Ravens said:

LauraC, that is where I ordered them from. How was your experience with them?

Karen M, I think California candles also carry them, not sure though.

With the right combo of wax, FO and container, I basically like them, they have potential. They do produce a big flame, or wide flame. I like the look of them because they are unusual. I have mostly only tested them in coconut waxes and it has been a while. Seems like I did have some issues with sooting in coconut wax. I plan on testing them in other waxes at some point.

• Like 1

@Ravens I purchased the ribbon wick from Northwood and I love them. They produce a larger, hotter flame than the ECO that I've used. For me they didn't work great in coconut oil, because it burns too hot, and because coconut wax gets too soft during the burn it starts to sag a bit making the wick off center. Did I mention as the wick burns it actually twist down the length of the wick ( I hope that makes sense). I used it in soy wax using an 8 oz anchor jar that has a 3" diameter and it worked EXCELLENT!

• Like 2