Novelty Candles

I have a question about what I will call "Novelty" pillar candles for lack of being able to think of the proper or a better name - I am talking about the various different shaped pillars that I have seen such as a Yin Yang, maybe an animal, etc - I guess that these are mainly for looks and don't actually get burned but they are wax and do gave a wick so they WILL get burned sometimes - so my question is exactly how do you go about wicking these? They are completely different from a normal round pillar and that is pretty much all I have ever read about as far as how to wick and what to look for in testing - thanks

Are you talking about novelty candle molds of animals, flowers, shapes, beehives, etc.? You would have to test out wicks same for those as any other wicked candle. If you will be using wax that you are familiar with then it might be easier to pin down the wick than working with an altogether different wax you never worked with.

• Like 1

Yes thats the type of mold I am talking about - I understand about the testing - am wondering about the burn itself - I have never even thought about attempting to burn a novelty candle so have no idea how they actually burn but I know it would have to be completely different than a traditional pillar - with the various odd shapes do you wick for each to tunnel or what?  Is it just determined by whatever you think is the best burn for each individual shape? Some I have seen are fairly thin but very wide making it impossible to consume most of the wax - I guess I am just confused as to what kind of burn I would be looking for

I have an idea for a novelty candle that I would have to make my own molds for but might be popular enough in this area to be worth it - it would not be a pillar but rather would be narrower and wide - most people would never burn it but is is wax with a wick so I have make it for that one person - and I don't want to burn that one person's house down