HELP,,New to SOY!!!

Hi Everyone,,,I just started testing GB415 Soy and was told to let it cool to about 100 F or until looking slushy and I poured VERY slowly,,I did that and as it has set up it looks like I have a ton of Bubbles in it!!,,What should I do please??? TIA

What temp. did you melt it to? Sometimes heating too hot can cause that. Also, to get smooth tops you can add a small amount of beeswax, that will help not only to help smooth out the tops, but will help with the frosting a bit and the throw.

And pouring too slushy will make it look like covered in bubbles.:P

Yep thats what it looked like,,I re-melted the wax to 170 then waited for it to cool to 110 and when I poured I tilted it like you would a beer very slowly and it set up good,,I did poke hole reliefs and did a re-pour,,Looks Great now,,,Im going to test a HTP 105 for my wide mouth kerr jar 16oz,,,,OMG I forgot to write down my notes!!!! :embarasse I better go do that!!! Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!!!!

Hi Found some batteries,,this is the candle I did yesterday,,,why is there beading around the edges?? this has a HTP 105 and has been burning about 20 minutes,,thought I would share,,,TIA oh and re-cap...GB415, Cucumber melon FO, Huntergreen dye chip, 1/2oz to pound of soy,,,and a HTP 105,,,it has an awesome cold throw,,,

Sorry double posted

Hi Found some batteries,,this is the candle I did yesterday,,,why is there beading around the edges?? this has a HTP 105 and has been burning about 20 minutes,,thought I would share,,,TIA oh and re-cap...GB415, Cucumber melon FO, 1/2 oz per 1 LB soy, Hunter green dye chip,,,and a HTP 105,,,it has an awesome cold throw,,,Starting to smell the hot throw,,,

Sorry it double posted

post-437-139458391599_thumb.jpg

The beads are FO seepage, I believe. It might also have something to do with the color. Your additives are not blending well enough with the wax. You aren't using too much FO or color, so that's not the problem. Try heating your wax about 10 degrees hotter, adding your color at at least 180 deg F, and your fragrance at 170. Stir everything REALLY well. Then, give another slow stir (without making bubbles) right before you pour the candle. Cucumber Melon is a pretty heavy FO. In my experience, additives - especially FO - will try to sink to the bottom of your pour pot, and then end up more concentrated at the top of your candle. You have to do everything you can to counteract gravity, you know:cheesy2:

Curing a candle just means to let the candle sit, with the lid if you have one, to allow the FO and the wax to bind together. I cure mine on a shelf and in cubboards. I try to cure mine for about 48 hrs. before I burn. Curing a candle has nothing to do with pouring it. You don't want to pour too fast otherwise you might get airbubbles. I allow my candles to cool naturally but try to not let them cool too fast or you can get cracks. this can be hard when the weather gets cooler and if you are pouring in a cooler room like a basement. Sometimes I will put them in the box the jars came in so that they can cool or I will put a box over the jars after I have poured them to allow them some insulation so as not to cool too fast.

Breanna,

The 415 is pure soy. You can not put over 8% fragrance in it with out it bleeding. The slush pour, which should be done around 90 degrees, will have a smooth top. You can pour higher, but you will not have the consistency that you will get from pouring at a lower temp. I know a lot of people will add around 3% beeswax to the soy to help out. This is the frustrating part of soy and why so many people have a hard time working with soy. This is why we have come out with the new blends. With these you can use a larger amount of fragrance and achieve smoother tops with a hotter pour. Please feel free to call me anytime you have any issues with a Golden Brands product. I am always happy to help out.

Your friend,

Jason

The beads are FO seepage, I believe. It might also have something to do with the color. Your additives are not blending well enough with the wax. You aren't using too much FO or color, so that's not the problem. Try heating your wax about 10 degrees hotter, adding your color at at least 180 deg F, and your fragrance at 170. Stir everything REALLY well. Then, give another slow stir (without making bubbles) right before you pour the candle. Cucumber Melon is a pretty heavy FO. In my experience, additives - especially FO - will try to sink to the bottom of your pour pot, and then end up more concentrated at the top of your candle. You have to do everything you can to counteract gravity, you know:cheesy2:

HI Soygirl sorry it took me a couple days to post this,,Thanks so much for your advice. I wrote it down

And also thanks to Meredith, Geek and Jason!!! you all have been a great blessing to me!!!;)