Anyone use the new master built turkey fryer for wax?

I have been using my prestopot as a double boiler, but interested in Geiger production. Has anyone used these

https://www.amazon.com/Masterbuilt-23011114-Butterball-Indoor-Electric/dp/B00BWKN0HC/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1548249995&sr=1-3-fkmr1&keywords=Master-Bilt+turkey+fryer

The coil is in direct contact with wax/oil. The temp control looks good from 125 - 375.

Has a drain spigot.

All the prestos I have use the coating eventually gets useless.

i thought about a turkey toaster setting it up as large double boiler with multiple pots with different fragrances - anyone done that?

Hi @NightLight, I've never used one but that's a nice piece of equipment. I don't have enough experience to know how it could be used safely to make candles. But like you said, if you could use it as a double boiler, that would be nice. Looks like you would have to have some really tall pouring pots to use in it. It will be interesting to see the responses you get.

I like your idea of using your presto pot as a double boiler, I have one so I'm going to try that. I have not used my presto pot yet but I can see where it could give you a more even, steady temp over using the stove top double boiler. Using the stove top is a slow, irritating process for me especially since I'm currently dealing with small batches of paraffin wax blends with multiple colors and scents.

The new master built fryer you cannot use as a double boiler. There is an exposed heating element in the pot. But you could melt wax in it and the thermostat seems much more exacting than the presto pot.

Yes for sure use the presto pot as a double boiler. I have an insert that I put in and then only use about 3/4 inch of water. I started doing it because I hating cleaning the pot and also the pot heats up too fast without total temp control. It’s easy to test candles as you can just use a pouring pot instead of the ENTIRE presto. Try it you will love it.

Easy to test candle formulas, just by whipping out pouring pots with different candle concoctions. And having endured a crazy amount of testing for my coconut wax let me tell you it’s been very helpful :)

• Thanks 1