Does fragrance change the burn time

So, I am impatiently testing wick sizes with no fragrance. And I do mean impatiently!

Im wondering if the addition of fragrance oil will alter the burn time of the candle. 

If the candle burns for 40 hours with no fragrance oil will it still burn for 40 hours? Or will it burn less/more because of the oil? 

Or will it vary due to the oil being used?

Not asking to try and skip any testing phase. Just curious. And in googling it, all I came up with was science fair projects and ask yahoo guesstimates. 

Thanks @TallTayl  We’ve been wick testing naked. The wax, not us, and my husband asked if the candle would burn slower or faster with the oil in it. Hmmm. I don’t know. Years ago when I made candles I didn’t test the candle without oil so let me ask google. 

Apparantly that is a hot topic for science fair projects. And there are tons of articles that suggest unscented burns faster. 

I know now that each variable in a candle can alter results. Just curious if this general conclusion had any generally speaking truth to it. 

It all depends on which fragrance.  Some are horrible to burn in one direction (needing a huge wick) while others turn into an inferno with a tiny wick.  Fragrance aroma chemicals and carriers can be blended into an infinite number of combinations. 

Spices and mints (peppermint ugh!) challenge a wick,  while many citrus, lavenders, etc Make it much easier to burn.  This is why baseline knowledge is so important.