Cold throw

Vee

Does anyone have some secret to a good cold throw in paraffin wax pillars as people only buy if they get a strong fragrance and not all fragrances have great cold throw ! Please do share.. thanks!

Some people who sell candles seem to get a really good cold throw so the candle smells great when you pick it up and smell it.tho I bought one of those to test and it had no hot throw at all. Am just curious how that works ! Ideally it should have both right ?

Thanks in advance to every one who takes the time to share their wealth of knowledge. 

• Like 1

Ok, so part of the issues might be the surface scent escaping into the surrounding air. 

I wrap my pillars in clear shrink to preserve the scent leaving little air holes either on the top or bottom. The warning sticker on the bottom is a great place to leave the packaging open and give people a good sniff of the fresh scent. 

• Like 1

I would say no water. A drop of fragrance on a clean cloth or paper towel rubbed over the surface to polish away dust would refresh it. Sometimes a good polishing with a clean cloth reveals enough freshened surface to become scented once again. Plus, shiny clean candles sell faster than dull, dusty ones. 

Hooray for plastic independence! For most of my packaging ive switched over to glassine - sort of a waxed paper. I have, in the past, wrapped my pillars in waxed paper to protect from elements. I’ve looked, but not hard enough, for cellulose clear packaging that is easily biodegradable. I know it was once used for food here, but pushed out by the plastic industry. 

• Like 1

Thank you so very much for all the inputs..at one of the fairs I participated in there was this lady who made tea lights as samplers for fragrances which is a cool idea. I thought maybe they were made with some beeswax as the throw was amazing. I too make beeswax sachets with natural beeswax which have amazing cold throw. Some Japanese sachet makers say their fragrance lasts up to six months. As these are never lit I wonder if they add something to make it last so long !