Newbie question

It all depends on each individual fragrance. Some of mine are several sizes different up and down. Some I need to switch entire wick series to burn. 

Just monday day I burned three fragrances I thought were a slam dunk. Only made them to make myself feel better. I was very familiar with them, having used them for 7+ years. All were entirely reliable. One was perfect. One drowned out.  the third got so hot it went completely liquid within 2 hours. If I had not known my wax inside and out I would have been in a complete tailspin. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

It all depends on each individual fragrance. Some of mine are several sizes different up and down. Some I need to switch entire wick series to burn. 

Just monday day I burned three fragrances I thought were a slam dunk. Only made them to make myself feel better. I was very familiar with them, having used them for 7+ years. All were entirely reliable. One was perfect. One drowned out.  the third got so hot it went completely liquid within 2 hours. If I had not known my wax inside and out I would have been in a complete tailspin. 

Maybe I should stick to rocket science, it's easier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Forrest said:

Maybe I should stick to rocket science, it's easier.

Funny you say that... I come from a career in aerospace information systems. At least those results are predictable. 🤣

in truth, we would be able to predict wax and fragrance reactions if we knew the chemical components. Since those are so guarded, we have to just experiment.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Funny you say that... I come from a career in aerospace information systems. At least those results are predictable. 🤣

in truth, we would be able to predict wax and fragrance reactions if we knew the chemical components. Since those are so guarded, we have to just experiment.

If we had a good lab it wouldn't be to hard. The problem is there are a lot of waxes and more FOs than you can shake a stick at. Even if we could do that all we would have is a guide, you would still have the container and wick variables to deal with. Even if we did all that they would change the FO formulas, and their would be issues with the wax.

• Like 1