Time management for candle making

Hi everyone-I thought this was posted earlier today but I don't see it so I'll add it again.

I'm looking for some feedback on how to use my weekdays for furthering my candle making skills such as scent blending.  I usually use all day Saturday and 1/2 of Sunday when possible to make inventory for my specialty market customer and I really enjoy making those 6-8 scents they carry.  For those who work full time like myself, what do  you do during the week to further your candle making skills without literally "burning the candle at both ends"?  I'm thinking that maybe taking two nights a week to test a new scent with test wicks.  Thanks for your input!!

Hi! I pick a couple of days a week and then either use the early morning before work or the hours when I get home. It can vary from week to week depending on my schedule and any other events going on. Weekends for sure are my main dedicated times though.

Between work and working out and taking care of the day to day chores my week days get pretty crammed.  I have started planning more during the week so that my weekend time for candle crafting is more organized and productive.  I know which scents I'm going to pour whether it's for an order or for a new scent test candle.  Busy people get stuff done!!

• Like 1

When I started out making soy candles (it was really just a hobby, until it became "salable") I was running a busy nightclub in Las Vegas, as well as selling another line of products on Amazon. SO, yup, I was buried!  What I would do is...mentally planning on what I was going to do when I broke out the "candle factory" in my kitchen. When I had a bit of "mental downtime", (as I was slapping labels on stuff to ship, driving to work, or waiting in line for some reason), I would visualize what I wanted to do with candles and lotions when I had the time (jotting down a few notes may help, as well). I would also line up some scents and dyes I planned to work with on the counter, so I could "jump right in" when I had the time. 

It was very productive to have my ideas ready, my supplies ready, and my enthusiasm ready to make them, so it went rather smooth for me when I actually got to working on them. I hope this helps? :)

Ha-yes!!  That helps a lot!  Even when I'm not in my kitchen "candle factory" I'm thinking of my next awesome scent to tackle and master.  I'm now really trying to stop buying new fragrance oils but like most of you,  that "ain't" going to happen  :-0  

• Like 1