PVC Pipe for candle molds -

Has anyone here used PVC pipe as candle molds? I use them quite often for soap molds, but never thought to use them as candle molds (I mean, how would you seal the bottom/top to actually make the candle?) 

The reason I ask is I was searching something on Facebook and came across someone who was using these as molds (it was a friend of a friend, and not in a group). They had a ton of them lined up and wicked, however, comments were turned off for the pics, so I couldn't ask how it was done, then lost the post. (maybe the OP deleted it) 

Anyway,  just kind of curious if anyone has seen or have any experience with this as I'm curious as to how it would work. 

17 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

If you used mold release, and test caps (in the plumbing section of the hardware store) it could work. Drill a wick hole in the test cap, seal with high temp tape... 

I doubt I will ever try it. I have so many actual candle molds at this point I don't need to improvise, I was honestly just curious if anyone had done it and if so what their results were. Seems like a lot of work when a regular mold (that was actually designed specifically for candles) would be easier, cheaper and better results. But who knows, maybe someone stumbled upon something. :P  

On 3/26/2018 at 5:00 PM, TallTayl said:

If you used mold release, and test caps (in the plumbing section of the hardware store) it could work. Drill a wick hole in the test cap, seal with high temp tape... 

Dont the PVC caps have a curvature to them?