Need opinions on my wick test

This is my second test of an 11oz tureen with 6006 and 44-24-18 Zinc Core wicks. In my first test the wax on the sides in between the wicks didn’t melt evenly so I moved the wicks closer together. That helped but I think if I bring them 1/8 inch closer the melt pool will be even. The burn here is at 4 hours. It looks good to me but I would like some opinions from more experienced candle makers. Also I would like to know what to look for when I burn it tonight.

IMG_1465.JPG.0da3bc657502539986fb3d974e133d31.JPG

IMG_1462.jpg.0c733b8d3b363265c18065ffc5aeea35.jpg

I just got done making 48 of that style jar just this morning  but my tureen is a 20oz.  But not in your wax.

Yes, I would bring those wicks a tad more closer together....not much, but don't move them now.  Just keep burning

Keep burning that jar....I'm thinking you need to drop down a wick size looking at the melt pool depth that it is at right now.  The lower the wax gets that melt pool depth is going to get deeper, but then too the jar widens at the bottom so you might be ok....The last 1/3 of the jar is going to dictate what wick to go with.  Looking good so far.  How long did you let that candle cure?   Makes a big difference in how those wicks are going to perform.  That jar is a bugger I will say to get correct wicking.  I have been playing with my tureen for over a year.  I tried different style wicks and never could get it right...Now I have!  It's a real classy jar.

Keep posting pictures so we can see too!;)

Trappeur 

Edited by Trappeur

17 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I just got done making 48 of that style jar just this morning  but my tureen is a 20oz.  But not in your wax.

Yes, I would bring those wicks a tad more closer together....not much, but don't move them now.  Just keep burning

Keep burning that jar....I'm thinking you need to drop down a wick size looking at the melt pool depth that it is at right now.  The lower the wax gets that melt pool depth is going to get deeper, but then too the jar widens at the bottom so you might be ok....The last 1/3 of the jar is going to dictate what wick to go with.  Looking good so far.  How long did you let that candle cure?   Makes a big difference in how those wicks are going to perform.  That jar is a bugger I will say to get correct wicking.  I have been playing with my tureen for over a year.  I tried different style wicks and never could get it right...Now I have!  It's a real classy jar.

Keep posting pictures so we can see too!;)

Trappeur 

Thanks, based on my previous test I believe you are correct that I will need to downsize my wick. The FO load is 9% and I let it cure for 4 days. That is my smallest zinc core so I'll have to order a smaller size, gosh I could order some more FOs when I do that:)