APPLE CIDER - TRUE SCENT

Tiring22

Hello All,

I need help finding the best true scent Apple Cider out there! A candle maker had it and it was absolutely a true scent - anyone know who it might be from or who carries a TRUE APPLE CIDER SCENT? Please help!!

Edited by Tiring22
mispelled

I have a store that I sell to "an apple orchard house" of who I sell a tremendous amount of apple cider candles to.  Of all the apple ciders I have tried for the most truest apple cider, I settled on Just Scent's "Farmhouse Cider".  They have quite a few other apple ciders that I tried but the best was this one.  To make it more applier a lot of times I will add a small amount of CS mac apple to the Farmhouse cider and this is wonderful also.  Another great one is Lone Star's "Mulled Cider".  And then another spot on scent and so true to it's name is Flamings "Apple Cider Donut".  This one is a hugely big seller to the same account as they are famous for their apple cider donuts they make and it smells exact as an apple cider donut.  I also love love CS "Mulled Cider and Chestnuts".

Trappeu

Trappeur

• Like 1

Everyone depicts what they think is a true cider scent.  She could have bought an apple cider scent like one of the ones I listed or she could have blended herself and a lot of people like myself rename the scents to their choice.  So your best bet is to order the 1oz samples from different companies of your choice and go from therel

Trappeur

1 hour ago, Tiring22 said:

@TallTaylso apparently the one she has is skin safe. I don’t think she mix her fragrance. I mean it was perfect smell! 😑 

i would request an IFRA of the one that is supposedly skin safe. I have not seen an apple cider IFRA that is higher than mere drops. I had a mulled cider once that was deemed skin safe by the seller. After investigation, it technically was, but at only like 1%. Something about the cider notes use weird aromachemicals.

Tiring, I would go to her facebook page and ask those exact questions, you know?

Just ask if she has apple cider and even ask if she does all her own blends.

There is nothing wrong with that at all.

Let us know.  I might be interested in getting some of her apple cider myself and see if I like.

Trappeur

Ifra is the regulatory board that restricts fragrance components based on human safety for various uses, like soap, lotion, candles, etc.

If she wont answer I'd drop it.  Her scents are trade secrets. Many popular fragrance retailers have  Apple cider. Buy a few and see if any are close to hers. 

Really!  If she doesn't have the decency to answer your question I'd move on.  She's not that important and you could find something similar or blend your own.   Some people, I swear.....geesh!  You mean she wont even tell you if she carries a cider?

Trappeur

2 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Really!  If she doesn't have the decency to answer your question I'd move on.  She's not that important and you could find something similar or blend your own.   Some people, I swear.....geesh!  You mean she wont even tell you if she carries a cider?

Trappeur

I read it as the op is asking a chandler competitor who her fragrance is from. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiring22 said:

@TallTayl just saw a skinsafe one from vacandlesupply in case you want to try. :) 

It does not say at what levels, so (just knowing what I do about ciders) I would pass. Skin safe does not mean skin safe at the typical usage levels for say soap or candles. No way I will risk burning someone. 

Just a point of security because I do not want to challenge my liability insurance, I always require an ifra certificate or I skip the supplier. They need to provide an ifra certificate to protect people against using it at improper usage rates. 

Oh, I didn't read it as that.    Well, if that was the way she was asking, yes, most definitely I agree with you.  It is in fact a trade secret and out of common courtesy that is a question I would never ask who her source  was/is as like you said it is a trade secret and is no one's business no less to be asked.

Trappeur

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Oh, I didn't read it as that.    Well, if that was the way she was asking, yes, most definitely I agree with you.  It is in fact a trade secret and out of common courtesy that is a question I would never ask who her source  was/is as like you said it is a trade secret and is no one's business no less to be asked.

Trappeur

10 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Didn’t know there were rules. Specially if it’s asking if that’s the actual scent name. Maybe I’m a bit different I’m all about sharing knowledge. 🙃

1 hour ago, Tiring22 said:

Didn’t know there were rules. Specially if it’s asking if that’s the actual scent name. Maybe I’m a bit different I’m all about sharing knowledge. 🙃

Some people readily share, some don't. It does not hurt to ask. If they choose not to answer, then that's ok. 

This is your chance to discover your own awesome Apple cider. 🤗

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tiring22 said:

There really aren't any rules, really.  It's like going to a restaurant and asking if they would divulge their secret to the almond crust they make for the topping on their fish or going into a gift store and asking what company they buy a certain product they have in their store you like as you would like to buy direct from that company.   Not being mean or anything, but it's just common courtesy to not ask who another ones suppliers are.  Know what I mean.   I think most people won't divulge their sources.  When I had my home furnishing store I would get asked that perodically who my supplier was on certain things and I would never divulge my sources.  I worked very hard to find very unique products that I offered to the public, things that no one else offered in their shops just so I was different and didn't have what the other store had. Why would I give out my sources?   It was hard work and I would travel out west to Colorado to do my buying as I knew that there were suppliers and companies different then going to the Atlanta mart.  And it paid off and people would remember me and they would come back.  The same thing applies in this business .  Please don't take this offensively as it is not meant to be.  It's just that yes, some people will maybe give you their sources and lots won't.  Most likely won't if they have a successful business as that is what made them special with their special scents they might have created themselves that they offer.   But that is ok if you didn't know that.  It's a tough world out there.  I was just merely explaining the reasons behind the question you asked,  

Trappeur                   

• Like 1