Curious about the suppliers of the suppliers?

Darbla

There's a post stating Bulk Apothecary's FOs come from Lebermuth, so we'd be better off ordering from Lebermuth.

Do any of you know where Essentials by Catalina, Nurture Soaps, Rustic Escentuals and Lone Star get their FOs?  Or any other supplier really. 

I know Agilex and French something or other are two of the biiiiiig suppliers and manufacturers; ones who only sell large volumes so I won't ever be ordering from them.  There are others than those two though.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, Darbla said:

There's a post stating Bulk Apothecary's FOs come from Lebermuth, so we'd be better off ordering from Lebermuth.

Do any of you know where Essentials by Catalina, Nurture Soaps, Rustic Escentuals and Lone Star get their FOs?  Or any other supplier really. 

I know Agilex and French something or other are two of the biiiiiig suppliers and manufacturers; ones who only sell large volumes so I won't ever be ordering from them.  There are others than those two though.

This is exactly what I was wondering about.

I have bought from one company (I forget the name!) that appeared to be a seller to smaller companies, and they would only sell HUGE quantities. I bought a gas can full of one fragrance-lol! But it seems that it is well-worth the research to find out who are the actual manufacturers, and try to purchase direct from them.

Do you think that the product gets diluted along the way, from manufacturer to smaller seller?

I'm sure that depends on how honest the retailer in the middle is, but I think most of our favorite suppliers* on here are and just re-bottle into smaller quantities that make it more available to us little guys.  Which is fantastic and I'm glad someone's doing it, because as a hobbyist I wouldn't ever need a whole barrel of some scent.  It did cross my mind to wonder if any of those huge suppliers have been struggling like the others and if any have gone out of business.  

*There's one that I've thought sold awfully weak scents and I suspected they were diluting.  But I can't remember their name right now, I never bought from them again after that first experience, and I never see them talked about on here so I think you're safe.  But when I'm home, I'll look at an old bottle I still have and let you know the company.

Edited by Darbla

On 2/7/2018 at 10:20 AM, Darbla said:

Apparently BA carries some Lebermuth FOs, but I don't think they tell which are which. WSP carries Crafter's Choice. The Chemistry Store carries Lebermuth FOs. I can't be sure but it seems like most suppliers are making their own FOs. I went into a shop in a little town in North Georgia where the owner made her own FOs.