How to list candle size?

I plan to list the burn time of my candles. But I'm confused as to how to list the size of my candles.

I think what has me confused is that my 9oz jar holds 7 oz and my 8oz jar holds 10oz or more.

These are my current jars:

8OZ. APOTHECARY JAR
Wax Weight (to Fill Line) - 9.9 oz. **(I filled to 10oz by weight)
Volume (to Overflow) - 14.5 fl. oz.
Manufacturer Spec. - 15 oz.

9OZ STRAIGHT SIDED ROUND JAR

Wax Capacity (to fill line): 6.98 oz **(I filled to 7 oz by weight)
Wax Capacity (Overflow): 8.69 oz

Does it just go by the amount of wax I pour in? --> So Approx 10oz and approx 7oz? I feel like that is the answer and this is a dumb question, but I want to make sure Im doing it right! =-)

Fill and label to the net weight, or weight of what goes in the jar when the scale has been tared out (set to zero before pouring the wax in)

. Label to the lowest possible weight, no "approximately". The weight can be over, but not under what you label. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Fill and label to the net weight, or weight of what goes in the jar when the scale has been tared out (set to zero before pouring the wax in)

. Label to the lowest possible weight, no "approximately". The weight can be over, but not under what you label. 

This is what I have been doing, just wanted to make sure that was right =)

I've seen several companies that say "approximately" on their online listings, I just assumed that means like that much "or more" .. My size that holds 7.1, I planned to put 7oz on.

Thanks for your help! =-)

• Thanks 1