Keeping wax warm

Has anyone used a presto pot for melting their wax? I have, but I didn't know if it is a good idea or a bad one? After I melted it, I poured the wax into the regular melting pot. I actually have 2 melting pots. My main question is: if I do use a presto pot to melt my wax and I pour half of the wax into a regular melting pot, do you think it's ok to leave the other half in the presto pot for about an hour, kept on warm so it doesn't cool? That way I could do what I wanted with the first half without worrying about the other half cooling! I'm just not sure if it hurts the wax at all leaving it on warm for a little while?

Edited by Ashley4k

Thank you Franu61, yes I meant pour pot!! 

Not Melting pot.. thank you for your reply!  Also have you ever over heated wax? My daughter came in the kitchen right about the time I was going to check the temp.. then I talked to her for a few min. Then when I did check the temp it was 195 degrees. I use gb464 it's supposed to be heated to 185. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley4k said:

Thank you Franu61, yes I meant pour pot!! 

Not Melting pot.. thank you for your reply!  Also have you ever over heated wax? My daughter came in the kitchen right about the time I was going to check the temp.. then I talked to her for a few min. Then when I did check the temp it was 195 degrees. I use gb464 it's supposed to be heated to 185. 

Yes If I forget to watch closely,  I have heated up to 200 before, which is the lowest setting on my presto. But I turn it down to warm as soon as I can. No problems so far, and I use 464 too. Goldie is right, the last few degrees come on fast.

Edited by franu61

I keep mine on the entire time I am working on candles... could be a couple hours, could be nearly the whole day. Its not a problem. I keep mine around 180-190. If its a bit too low to start a batch, i up the temp a tad to quickly get it where i need it. 

• Like 1

Ok thanks.. that is really good to know.. I was worried because I can't test them yet because it's only been a few days and I didn't want to sell them if over heating the wax or leaving hot to long had an effect! I'm new to this so I really appreciate and help I can get! maybe you can relate, but I'm so tired of working two jobs for Christmas money so I'm really hoping this is a way to make some extra money!! Thank you again!!