GB wax ?

Yes, 3020 is closest to 6006.

I have not tried 3022 myself but a few reasons. I wonder why if its really that good why more people aren't using it. I rarely see anyone talking about it much.

Also, because its 70% I wonder what type of soy it is. I would be concerned that the soy issues in the market right now would also affect 3022. Finally... the price.

Clarus is not cheap and shipping is not cheap. And there isn't really any descent bulk pricing.

Hi guys, i just joined the forum and I'm very new to the candle making scene.

I have been reading & testing for the past couple of months. I saw that some people really like the raspberry sangria fragrance from CS which is supposedly great for soy. I made two candles  with it of the following specs::  gb 464, 12% FO, heated wax to 185 and added fragrance around 185, poured at 135, cured for 12 days. One container had ECO4 and the other had ECO10. both are 8oz straight sided tumblers. great CT, no hot throw.

what could be the  problem here? the wick? i realize 12%FO is a little high , but i've gotten great HT with that in an identical setup using ECO4, gb464 and a gardenia FO. 

thanks for your suggestions

Edited by CatCatCandles

• 2 weeks later...

I started using 464 over a year ago and for cotton wicks it's been okay. For wood wicks however it's involved a lot of testing and is finnicky with various essential oils.  The cold throw has been good for me and hot throw is good too.

I haven't tried this but read somewhere that mixing 415 and 464 works well.

Edited by Firefly