FINISH ON CANDLES

Vee

i am fairly new at making candles...i am struggling with getting a smooth finish on my candles.

There are drip marks no matter what i use...tried a heat gun,blow torch,used an iron and tried smoothing them on a pan.

I made a white candle with a green shape on the top ...there was a little mark of white wax on the green and i used an iron first...it made drip marks then tried all other methods..it just kept getting worse

please helpIMG_9812.JPG.273ee28fe956ac7bf98d333f6707fbca.JPGIMG_9813.JPG.fbbcaa2381f885f57387f08a09da732f.JPG

I would take a sharp, flat knife and just start doing some scraping ... crosswise, in one direction and then the other until you get a polished look.  Do it over a pie plate and save the shavings for whatever.  It might take you a little while to get the hang of it, but it will look "artsy" with a shiny, yet distressed look.  These have great potential for that type of piece.  For the flat sides, it will be easier; for the wicked side, you'll need to place the flat edge of the knife right next to the wick and work outward all around.  I hope it works out, sorry I can't just show you how to do it!