New Candlescience FOs

jbradshaw

Some of these are new, some just new to me, I've noted which is which. Just got these in so thought I'd do a little OOB first impression. 

New to CS (as noted on their site)

White Birch: Soooo nice. Has a really nice evergreen smell to it - I used to have a room oil from The Body Shop called 'evergreen' and it smelled exactly like this. Might mix with Cranberry marmalade.

Cranberry Woods: Love this! Has the tartness of the cranberry but is evened out with a good forest smell. And some citrus?

Toasted Pumpkin Spice: I normally don't go for bakery scents, and I'm very pleased that this is mostly spice-y and not sweet. 

Vetiver: Classic - but not very strong OOB. We shall see.

New to me

Cranberry Marmalade: Too sweet for me as a standalone - I will mix with something to mellow it out. I bought it to try with Fig as someone on here had suggested, and will probably also try with an evergreen scent.

Gingerbread: Not too sweet, and the spices really come through. 

Mulled Cider and Chestnuts: VERY nutty. Not getting much cider or spice at all, but I'll see what it's like in a candle. 

I'm most excited for White Birch, Cranberry Woods and Toasted Pumpkin Spice. I might do the pumpkin spice with a little vanilla and call it PSL to be cheeky. 

I mix the cranberry marmalade with straight orange for a cranberry citrus. I know some like the gingerbread but it smells yuck to me like fake plastic. I use a much better gingerbread so will stick with that.

I am wanting to try the cranberry woods and white birch. I already have enough pumpkin so I may skip the toasted pumpkin spice.

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

I mix the cranberry marmalade with straight orange for a cranberry citrus. I know some like the gingerbread but it smells yuck to me like fake plastic. I use a much better gingerbread so will stick with that.

I am wanting to try the cranberry woods and white birch. I already have enough pumpkin so I may skip the toasted pumpkin spice.

OOoh I'll have to get some orange - that's a great idea. 

I'll probably pour cranberry woods and/or white birch today so if I do I'll let you know what the CT is like. What pumpkins do you love? I am having a lot of trouble finding ones I like/don't mind.